Monday, July 4, 2011

Toshiba Portege R835-P56x 13.3-Inch LED Laptop (Magnesium Blue) (Personal Computers)

Toshiba Portege R835-P56x 13.3-Inch LED Laptop (Magnesium Blue)
The touchpad was *kinda* odd, but I got used to it quickly (have had the machine for about five weeks now). Another reviewer commented on the scrolling, & has a solution posted as well. After a couple hours of use, I have no issue using the touchpad (have even played Portal five a bit with it).

The keyboard is a tiny loud, sure, but aside from that it is ideal. I have always liked the elderly IBM clicky keyboards. Typing on this reminds me of those, which I think is awesome.

The performance is amazing, the only thing slowing it down is the hard drive. I have SSDs in my other machines, so the difference is apparent to me. I'll pick up an SSD & make this the ideal tiny laptop computer.

Battery life is as advertised. I took it in to work day & downloaded all of Portal five, OpenSUSE 11.4 ISO, & Office, all while doing normal browsing with max brightness. I proceeded to burn & install OpenSUSE, & the battery still lasted roughly 6.5 hours. I was five times impressed.

I mentioned above that I played Portal five on it, yup! Works better than I expected, the sandy bridge i5 is a beast!

The screen is definitely bright. I used it in a automobile with sunlight coming through the window with no issues. As most, I'd prefer a matte screen, but any glare on this is barely noticeable, I didn't even give it some thought while using it in the sun. I mention it because I read a ThinkPad review that had me thinking about it.

I have already recommended this laptop computer to relatives & friends, it is definitely worth a glance if you are in the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment